Grain-Free Dairy-Free Pie Crust


This is a favorite! I like this crust so much that even when I can make a more "normal" crust, I still opt for this!

Sometimes I'll put sliced fruit inside the crust (Which I always just pinch- I never complicate things by actually rolling out the doe. Time and counter space limit me!) with a little cinnamon and a splash of maple syrup, then cook it to a golden brown. 

But often I cook beef or chicken with some onions, add a few sliced cooked carrots and cooked peas or celery, add a little salt, and put it in the raw crust, then bake it all together. Like a chicken pot pie. Sooo delicious!
I mix all ingredients together (sometimes the coconut oil gets clumpy if it's too cold!-consider melting a bit!). I like to press this into a greased pie dish.  I pinch a third of it over the top of the pie. Cook at 350 degrees until golden brown on the outside.

https://www.healthstartsinthekitchen.com/recipe/paleo-pie-crust-gluten-free-grain-free/