Debbie's Rice and Noodles


It's as easy as can be. Enjoy it and think of me. (I'm a poet and I didn't know it.)

Party Rice and Noodles

1 cup regular rice
4 Tbls olive oil 
1 medium onion, chopped
1/4 lb mushrooms, sliced
1 --13 3/4 oz. can chicken broth
1/4 cup water  
1 tsp salt (I cut it to 1/2 tsp)
1 heaping cup flat noodles (I like Tinkyada or Jovial rice noodles for GF)

In skillet over medium heat cook rice until golden brown--shaking pan and stirring. 
Remove rice to 1 1/2 to 2 quart casserole.
In skillet over medium heat melt butter/oil--add onions and mushrooms and cook until onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
Stir in chicken broth, water, salt--bring to boil. Stir broth mixture and noodles into rice.
Cover and bake for 30 to 35 minutes at 350 degrees until rice and noodles are tender and liquid is absorbed. Fluff before serving.

I make it ahead and it can be baked later, or baked and then reheated in microwave.  It isn't as runny if you make it ahead.